Since its origin, the Christian Church has been active in the field of education throughout the world. Christian educational institutions are part of the Church’s effort to share in the country’s educational progress. This effort, while recognizing a special responsibility towards the Christian community, has always been at the service of the whole nation. Education in Christian institutions is inspired by a vision of man drawn from the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. The vision gives Christian institutions a specific character and sets before their managements, staff and students high ideals of life and service towards which they are challenged continually to strive. The college aims at the integral personalized education of the young. It strives to mould intellectually well trained, morally upright, socially committed, spiritually inspired men and women for the new India.
To accomplish this, special efforts are made to enable the students:
- to strive for excellence in every field
- to think for themselves in a clear, fearless and independent manner
- to seek, extend and apply knowledge to the solution of human problems
- to value and responsibly use their freedom
- to be clear and firm on principle and courageous in action
- to be unselfish in the service of their fellow human beings
- to become agents of needed social change in their nation
Through these efforts B.C.M. College aims at making her own contribution to a radical transformation of present day social conditions, so that social justice, equality of opportunity, genuine freedom, respect for religious and moral values, empowerment of women which are enshrined in the constitution of India may be realized. Thus the possibility of living a fully human existence will be open to all.