To meet the changing needs of the academic world, Bishop Chulaparambil Memorial College holds established policies, systems and procedures for the purchase, maintenance, upkeep and utilization of equipments and infrastructural facilities. There is a constituent body (Planning Committee) including the Manager, Secretary, Principal, Vice Principals, IQAC Coordinator, and Office Superintendent for planning, purchasing, and establishing infrastructure in the college. Proposals and the list of maintenance work to be done are invited from all the departments and an adequate budget is allocated according to the requirement. Parameters and guidelines are strictly followed during the procurement process. The planning committee’s recommendation is placed before the finance committee for final approval.
The maintenance of physical infrastructure is closely monitored by the ‘Bursar’.
The following systems and procedures are followed.
- The academic program of the college is from June to March on five days week system. The maintenance work is done in the month of April & May and on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Head of the departments and staff in the charge record the maintenance work to be performed in the diary maintained at the office.
- Anti-virus /Anti Malware software is installed and updated at specific intervals.
- All systems are connected with UPS, providing an uninterrupted power supply.
- A stock register is maintained in all departments and laboratories.
- Sufficient human resources is maintained for the daily cleaning, maintenance and upkeep, including campus, classrooms and washrooms.
- Proper painting, plumbing and sewer maintenance are done regularly.
- Water purifiers and incinerators are regularly serviced.
- Mechanical equipments like generators are repaired and maintained regularly.
- Solar Panels have been installed to support the growing energy needs.
- Proper signboards are displayed about CCTV, Waste disposal, Water management etc.
- Yearly maintenance for classroom furniture, doors and windows is provided.
- Proper earthing is provided for the safety of electrical devices.
- Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) for all the major and sensitive equipments
- An application form signed by the teacher in charge and countersigned by the HoD is to be submitted to the Bursar for availing the Auditorium or Sr. Savio Hall. The facilities are allotted on ‘first come, first serve basis.’
- Rainwater harvesting system for storing 3 lakh litres of water.
- Lab assistants take care of the usual repairs and maintenance, but complex issues are resolved with the help of professionals using PD account or department fund.
- Calibration and allied precision measures for equipment are regularly and systematically done.
- A Stock and Maintenance Register is kept in all the labs, and an annual stock verification of chemicals, glassware and all other lab equipments is made by the Heads of the Departments and Principal.
- UPS/Battery for uninterrupted power supply
- A full-time System administrator is appointed to maintain and upgrade ICT facilities in the college.
- The UPS facility protects all computers.
- Antivirus software is installed for important computers.
- Open Source software is used to avoid copyright issues and make an example for students about piracy, plagiarism and academic integrity.
- “The Live Lab Program (Sajeev Prayogashala)”- Student Digital Initiative, designed by the Department of Computer Science, regularly inspects and updates all the systems and softwares in the college.
- A Library Committee is constituted for the smooth functioning of the library and associated services
- Fully automated library with library management software, KOHA
- Facility to access the e-journals through many online consortiums
- All the faculty, students and non-teaching staff are permitted to use the library
- Access to the library is allowed only with the ID Cards.
- Prior permission is required for external users entry to the library.