Procedures and policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities - laboratory, library, sports complex, computers, classrooms etc.
The maintenance of physical infrastructure is closely monitored by the ‘Bursar’.
The following systems and procedures are followed.
- The academic program of the college is from June to March on 5 days week system. The maintenance is done in the month of April & May and on weekends.
- Head of the departments record the maintenance work to be performed in the diary kept at office.
- Sufficient manpower is maintained for the daily cleaning of the campus.
- Generators are maintained regularly and solar panels installed.
- Proper sign boards are displayed with regard to CCTV and Waste disposal.
- Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) for all sensitive equipments.
- Rain water harvesting system of 3 lakh liters of water.
- Lab assistants take care of the usual repairs and maintenance but complex issues are resolved with the help of professionals
- Calibration and allied precision measures for equipment are regularly and systematically done.
- A Stock and Maintenance Register is kept in all the labs and an annual stock verification is made by the Heads of the Departments and Principal.
- A full time System administrator is appointed.
- All the computers are protected by UPS facility.
- Open Source software is used to avoid copyright issues and also to make an example for students with regard to piracy, plagiarism and academic integrity.
- “The Live Lab Program” designed by the Department of Computer Science regularly inspects and updates all the systems
- A Library Committee is constituted for the smooth functioning of library.
- Fully automated library with library management software, KOHA.
- Facility to access the e-journals through many online consortiums.
- Reprographic facility available for staff and students.
- Department of Physical education oversees the maintenance of sports facilities.
- Sports equipments, Gymnasium and sports field are regularly inspected and maintained.
- Protective gear is repaired or renewed regularly.
- Professionals are hired for specialised coaching.
- Auditorium is made available to public for various programs and has hosted many dignitaries including then Hon. President of India Pratibha Patil.
- Auditorium is designed as a multipurpose centre and is used by University for various competitions and training programmes and is also used by our associate institutions.
- The premise is made available to the University for its Centralized Valuation.
- Class rooms and auditorium are utilized for various public and private examinations like CA, ICWA, CS, Central University examinations, and also for different coaching programs and relief activities of government.
- The time table is arranged in such a way that 58 class rooms are efficiently utilized for running 16 UG Programs and 8 PG programs.
The quality of the maintenance and upkeep of the physical, academic and support facilities are closely monitored by the Manager, Bursar, Principal, Vice Principals, IQAC coordinator and office Superintendent. Thus the college makes sure that by strictly following time-tested, established systems and procedures, academic ambience is concretely supported by its physical facilities.